UGC-JRF, Department of Computer Science, University of Kerala
Image Processing, Machine Intelligence, DeepFakes Detection
Misaj concentrates her research interests on digital signal processing and machine intelligence. She is currently working on developing algorithms based on image computing, deep neural architectures and GAN fingerprints to detect artificially synthesized multimedia.
- Misaj S., Vinod Chandra S S, "An Integrated Ensemble Network Model for Skin Abnormality Detection with Combined Textural Features", Journal of Digital Imaging (2023): 1-16, Springer, May 2023 (IF: 4.903, 2023)
- Misaj S., Andrew J., Vinod Chandra S S, "Leveraging Vision Attention Transformers for Detection of Artificially Synthesized Dermoscopic Lesion Deepfakes Using Derm-CGAN", Diagnostics, MDPI (ISSN: 2075-4418), February 2023. (IF: 4.129, 2022)
- Misaj S., Vinod Chandra S S, "Detecting Skin Lesions fusing Handcrafted features in Image Network Ensembles", Multimedia Tools and Applications, Springer(ISSN:1573-7721), June 2022. (IF: 3.6, 2023)
BOOK CHAPTERS, CONFERENCES & OTHERS
- Misaj S., Vinod Chandra S S, "Medical Deepfake Detection using 3-Dimensional Neural Learning", Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, Springer (DOI:10.1007/978-3-031-20650-4_14), December 2022
- Misaj S., Vinod Chandra S S, and Philomina S. "Deep Ensemble Architectures for Skin Lesion Detection", 14th International Conference on Soft Computing and Pattern Recogonition, Proceedings of Springer, 14 - 16 December 2022
- Misaj S., Sujitha D., and Philomina S. "Visual Words based Static Indian Sign Language Alphabet Recognition using KAZE Descriptors." Evolution in Signal Processing and Telecommunication Networks. Springer, Singapore, 93-101, March 2022
- Misaj S., Sujitha D. "Indian Sign Language Alphabet Recognition using Vocabulary of Visual Words." Proceedings of Second International Conference on Artificial Intelligence & Society (ICAIS 2021). pg (56-59). ISBN: 978-93-5457-149-7, March 2021
- "DeepFakes- Treat or Threat". In: Proceedings of National Conference on Deep Learning & Applications Deep.Learn(2021), pg 9. ISBN: 978-93-5445-632-9, Feb 2021
- State level Selection in Young Innovators Program (YIP 2020)- by Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (K-DISC)- "Automated Medical Diagnosis Machine"
TALKS & TRAININGS
- Machine Learning using Python- Researchers' Fest, University of Kerala (19 Jun 2023)
- Python in 10 hours- Department of Demography, University of Kerala (22,24,30 Jan 2023)
- Learning Python- Dept of Electronics and Communication Engineering, University of Kerala (2-4 Nov 2022)
- Deep Learning- Teaching Assistant- Neuromatch Academy (11-29 July 2022)
- Deep Fakes- Treat or Threat- National Students Tech Talk- Computer Society of India (CSI), Trivandrum chapter (28 Jan 2021)
She completed her MTech and BTech in Computer Science and Engineering from the University of Kerala- University First Rank in MTech (GPA: 9.89/10). Her research focuses on machine learning, affective computing, signal processing, and digital image computing. She has qualified GATE, UGC-NET and UGC-JRF in the years 2019 and 2020. A passionate teacher within, she guides a handful of students through AI projects including robotics and computer vision.