Department of Computer Science, University of Kerala
Machine Learning, Disaster Management, Image Processing
Sreelakshmi's research interest is in applying machine learning for societal applications. She is currently working on the disaster management domain, specifically landslide identification and risk analysis using machine learning techniques.
- Sreelakshmi S., Vinod Chandra S S, "Landslide classification using deep convolutional neural network with synthetic minority oversampling technique", Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer, January 2023.
- Sreelakshmi S, Vinod Chandra S S, "Blockchain Technology in Disaster Management: A High-level Overview and Future Research Dimensions", Blockchain for Industry 4.0 - Emergence, Challenges and Opportunities, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis (ISBN: 978-1-003-28291-4), December 2022.
- Sreelaksmi S., V. S. Anoop, "Prediction of Neurological Disorders Using Visual Saliency: Current Trends and Future Directions", Machine Learning and Data Analytics for Predicting, Managing, and Monitoring Disease, IGI Global(ISBN:978-1-799-87188-0), June 2021.
- Sreelakshmi S., Vinod Chandra S. S., Shaji E., "Landslide Identification using Machine Learning Techniques: Review, Motivation, and Future Prospects", Earth Science Informatics, Springer (ISSN:1865-0481), November 2022.
- Sreelakshmi S., Vinod Chandra S. S., "Machine Learning for Disaster Management: Insights from past research and future implications", IEEE International Conference on Computing, Communication, Security and Intelligent Systems, July 2022
- Sreelakshmi S., Malu G., Elizabeth Sherly, "Alzheimer’s Disease Classification from Cross-sectional Brain MRI using Deep Learning", IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing, Informatics, Communication, and Energy Systems, June 2022
- Sreelakshmi S., Robert Mathew, "A Hybrid Approach for Classifying Parkinson Disease from Brain MRI", The 15th International Conference on Information Technology and Applications, Lecture Notes in Network and Systems, Springer, November 2021
- Sreelakshmi S., Malu G., "Pixel-Label-based Segmentation of Hippocampus from Brain MRI using SegNet Architecture", National Conference on Deep Learning & Applications - Deep.Learn, February 2021
Sreelakshmi has completed her M.Phil. in Computer Science from Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) and her M.Sc. in Computer Science from Kannur University. She also obtained her M.A. in Psychology from IGNOU and a Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling Psychology from Kannur University. Sreelakshmi has 4+ years of experience in teaching in Higher Secondary and secured the third position in Kerala State Teacher's Project Presentation in 2018.